May 7, 2007

So break me shake me hate me take me over
When the madness stops then you will be alone
Just break me shake me hate me take me over
When the madness stops then you will be alone

-
Savage Garden, "Break Me"


I guess that this isn't a response to the lyrics themselves, so much as their emotion...

My dog died recently (three days ago, in fact). I was at my boyfriend's for the weekend, so there was comfort there, but I had to go back to my room and I was feeling pretty shaken up right before I left. I was listening to SG's self-titled album on my way back, and when "Break Me" came on and the chorus started playing, there was just this huge feeling of release -- like when the music went from soft and restrained to the furious explosion of the chorus, all of the shit I was feeling exploded right along with it. Obviously it didn't fix everything, but I'm remembering these days how much small things can really help, and this was definitely a small, helpful thing.

1 comment:

simon said...

well written, interesting, and beautiful blog.
I thought about including a link to your site on my blog.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me back

Best,
Simon

my blog is www.BrawnyHunk.com (not nearly as superficial as it sounds ;-) )