May 22, 2007

And in the night, I could be helpless,
I could be lonely, sleeping without you.
And in the day, everything's complex,
There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you.

- The Cranberries, "When You're Gone"


You know when you've sort of gotten used to sleeping with your lover, and then you have to go back and sleep in your own bed without him/her?

...Yeah.

I get lonely sometimes when I'm sleeping alone, these days.

I never thought I'd want to be with somebody so much that even seeing them for a little while every day wouldn't be enough. We're moving in together next fall... but still, there are vacations, and then we're not going to be close to each other for at least a year, and God only knows how we're going to handle that. (We will handle it somehow, I know... I just don't know how.) I miss him when it's been more than a few hours since I've seen him last.

...we're not codependent. I swear.

No comments: